Gangwon Land, the country’s only casino resort, will reduce the casino’s maximum daily number of guests to 1,800, or 30 percent, from 10 a.m. on Thursday according to the head of Kangwon Land in response to a telephone inquiry from GGRIA on Tuesday. Casinos already had a reduced capacity of 2,300 visitors a day. A resort official said, “Gangwon Land is conducting a lottery among the general public for the newly reduced living space.” 경마사이트
The official added that Kangwon Land’s decision to further reduce the daily quota coincided with the strengthening of social distancing regulations to Level 2 in Gangwon Province, where Gangwon Land is located. Level 2 will be in effect from 12 a.m. on Thursday to July 31 to prevent the spread of COVID-19. According to South Korean news media, Gangwon Province’s decision is due to the fourth recent COVID-19 case in the Seoul metropolitan area, which is adjacent to Gangwon Province.
As of 12 a.m. on Tuesday, Gangwon Province recorded 19 new COVID-19 cases in 24 hours, with 3,754 infections, along with 53 deaths since the crisis erupted last year, according to the Gangwon Province website. Kangwon Land Resort is located in the eastern remote highlands outside of the capital, Seoul.
Since then, the five students who tested positive for COVID-19 stayed at the High1 condominium in Gangwon Land Complex from July 3-4. Another Gangwon Land official said in response to telephone inquiry earlier, “The parties did not visit the Gangwon Land casino area, so it did not affect the game’s operation.”